Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Feeder Cam

Another visitor to add diversity to the birdfeeder watch this a.m. I don't know what it is with these little birds, but we have noticed them much more frequently in recent years. When we first moved here more than 20 years ago, we never saw any of these. Must signal some change in migration patterns.

Here he is-- forgive the photo quality. It's a gray day today (we're hoping for rain), and I didn't dare open the door for fear of spooking this new visitor so I shot it through the glass. (Doubtless my photos would improve if I'd just wash the windows, but what fun is that?)



Our rehabber friend CarolG has better bird stories than I do, so I think I'll work on a new piece for my neglected history blog this morning. For a good bird story, featuring bunnies from the inside out, see her comment on yesterday's post. Warning: content may not be suitable for bunny-lovers, but is a great read for those who take the bird's perspective. It's sad that CarolG has no time to start her own blog--but fortunately my posts seem to inspire her! Thanks, Carol...

No comments: