Thursday, December 30, 2010

Upslope: Color It White

Boy, howdy! It's a bouncing baby (or maybe not so baby) upslope storm! It finally arrived this morning, though I think the weatherfolk thought it would be a little later. We've been waiting for a storm to go south, but everything lately has moved north of or straight over the center of Colorado. (For the whole deal on upslope storms, see Second Storm from last March, our usual upslope season.)

For some reason, I thought this one might arrive from the south, but clearly (8:15 a.m.) the action was going to be in the north.



By 9:45, I was slightly optimistic.



And, at 10:30 a.m., my dreams were coming true! If it just stays all day and gives us the 6-12 inches expected (15-30 cm), I'll consider my wishes fulfilled! For now...



No comments: