Sunday, July 02, 2006

Overdue Fibs...

Sorry I've been so scarce here! Lots to tell and show in photos, this trip, but at the moment I'm overdue for an assignment from One Deep Breath. I've been waiting for the photos to come together with the internet connection, but here goes without the visual aids.

The assignment this week is to explore a new haiku formula, called the fib, following the Fibonacci series. A six-line poem with syllable counts of 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 in the lines. Follow the link above to see more fibs and great photos from the haiku team.

I'm at New Haven (CT) now, and have been through a lot of rain to get here. (Still trying to send some of it home.) Yale is beautiful, but the first sunny day was Friday. So here's the fib:

Sun
peeks
out through
constant clouds
drying up puddles:
a day to furl the umbrella.

More eastern nature notes soon, I promise...

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely fib - it sounds like Scottish weather!

Anonymous said...

thanks for replying ... I will surely try my hand at this ... do check my blog here :

http://ofsomethingsomething.blogspot.com/