Thursday, March 07, 2013

A Body in Motion

While compiling the Berry-Go-Round collection last week, I got to spend some time with an "old friend," which is to say, Laurent, the original guru of BGR, one of the first bloggers I got to know when I started nigh onto 7 years ago (this month). Laurent's been somewhat scarce these last couple of years, life gets busy, as we know! But now he's becoming a prolific and entertaining blogger again, over at Seeds Aside. You never know what he's going to come up with!

So there I was, hanging out on his blog, checking out posts, and I discovered he's also highly educational. I learned two new tricks, and I'm going to subject you to one of them this very morning:



Whoa! I can't move quite that fast. Let's slow Squirrel Nutkin down a notch.



And he can keep that up all day. Now I know where all the sunflower seeds are going!

So, yes, we have fox squirrels at last. They found us, recognized a well laid table when they saw it, and it looks like they're here for the duration.

2 comments:

The Phytophactor said...

You wanted fox squirrels? Well, why didn't you say so? Would have shipped you a dozen or so right away. They are quite handsome, destructive gluttons.

Sally said...

Oh, I didn't say THAT! We've done quite well without them all these years. It was an empty niche (full of sunflower seeds), I guess. Gluttons is a great description!